The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clipping Stopped Working [SOLVED: Bug in Safari 4; get most recent browser rel.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I think I remember that there was a strange incompatibility with outlook. Does the rule work with email sent from another sender?

It's worth a try. The thing is that this has been working fine for me for months, and suddenly stopped. It could be due to a recent Sneaky Peak, but I don't see complaints from others from the past days.

Antoher thread suggests problems in Safari4 causing the problems. If you have this installed, it may be the reason.

It is indeed related to Safari 4. I just reverted to Safari 3 and the mail rule is working agin.

Did you install the beta of Safari 4? We've seen some reports in other threads of that breaking our mail rule.

Safari 4's version of WebKit isn't able to run an AppleScript in a background thread. The mail rule tries to do exactly that when it encounters an email with HTML content; hand it off to webkit to get the text equivalent.

We know that Apple is aware of the problem and we're hoping that a subsequent release of Safari 4 fixes the problem.

Edit: I don't run Safari 4 on my machine, and was confused about what the bug broke. Turns out it only affects the mail rule processing. I originally thought it broke that and our clipping service, as well. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-04-29 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: correct mail rule vs. mail clipping confusion

Yes. It was Safari 4. I reverted to Safari 3 and it's working fine now. Thanks.

I had the same issue with Safari 4. Rolled back and now a-okay.

Help,

The key way that I work with Mail and OF is broken. I've uploaded the error messages.

Any ideas on how I may fix this.

As many would know, my process is to select a message in Mail, use a keystroke to use OF's clipping service and crate a Next Action within OF.

Something is wrong and I don't know how to fit it.

Here is a link to the screen shot of the error message:
http://realpax.tumblr.com/

Any ideas?
--Don

Last edited by bz4pax@mac.com; 2009-03-06 at 05:13 AM..

There have been a couple of threads over the last week from folks that have had this problem after installing the Safari 4 beta. It installs a new version of WebKit, which Mail then uses to display HTML mail. Unfortunately, that new version of WebKit breaks the AppleScript that our clipping service depends on.

We'll have a new release of OmniFocus with an updated clipping script before Safari 4 goes to a final release; for now, the fix is to revert to Safari 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We'll have a new release of OmniFocus with an updated clipping script before Safari 4 goes to a final release
Actually, it's not clear that we can fix this issue by updating our AppleScript: I believe Apple has to fix the problem in Safari 4 and/or Mail (hopefully before they ship a final release of Safari 4). Please report this beta issue to Apple, I'm sure they count votes just like we do!