The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

what to do with blackberry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Yes, this would be great. You'd have to make sure the web display was simple enough for a mobile web app, or had a mobile and desktop version. I would be very happy if this were available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaevitz View Post
Yes, this would be great. You'd have to make sure the web display was simple enough for a mobile web app, or had a mobile and desktop version. I would be very happy if this were available.
Agreed. Although it probably would be non-trivial, to say the least :P

I would dearly love to see OmniFocus for the web.

I tried to sync tasks to my Windows Mobile Phone but the syncing is so bad (it frequently messes up), plus it was difficult to filter items properly. I use the web on my phone constantly, so this would allow me to use tasks again. At the moment I use OmniFocus far less than I should, simply because I'm away from the computer a lot and don't have another way to use it.

OmniFocus for iPhone is at the moment the most compelling reason for me to get an iPhone - but I can't yet for various reasons.

+1 for OF web client! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
What if instead of targeting every possible platform, we built a version of OmniFocus for the web which could sync with the Mac and iPhone versions?
GO for it !

Go go go !

This would be a welcome development! I have been using OF for some time now. But since I plan to use Android in the near future I'm looking for ways to continue to access all my OF data.

Another vote for a web version of OF!

Quote:
What if instead of targeting every possible platform, we built a version of OmniFocus for the web which could sync with the Mac and iPhone versions?
I'm not sure about a web version of OF and I have to wonder, specifically, how that would help Blackberry folks (and me as a Nokia user) apart from allowing us browser access from whichever screen we choose to sit at.
Ken, if you are suggesting a service where you can have OF running in a browser then that's fine and I'm sure it will work for some people, also Windows users. It would be a big project though and would need to compete with existing players in that space (or possibly the project management, group task management space if you introduced those kinds of features).
What would work for me (and btw the silent non iphone majority) would be a web service that keeps my Nokia task list in sync with OF on my desktop. :) In the absence of OF for Symbian ;)

I would love to access Omni Focus through a web based program! While my home computer is an Apple (and always will be), I access personal information (like many others) through numerous other digital mediums (e.g., phone, work PC, school library PC). A web-page would enable Omni Focus to have a more beneficial influence on my life. I hope you go forward with it.

+1 to OF on the web idea

Quote:
Ken:

<personalOpinion>
If by "sync" you mean that you would use the web app from the device, I would equate this with Google Reader for iPhone (web app), which is very very nice but will never be as nice as a dedicated reader. I think each platform has its own paradigm for apps (e.g. iPhone's cascading hierarchy views) and that's what users want to see.

If you mean just an additional way to get to OmniFocus (besides the mac desktop client), then that would be great, plus it would open up OF to the non-Mac world... (I've heard there a quite a few people that don't use Macs :)
</personalOpinion>

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhQuiet View Post
I think each platform has its own paradigm for apps (e.g. iPhone's cascading hierarchy views) and that's what users want to see.
Ah, but which would you rather see? A generic web app that you can use, or a beautifully tailored app that runs on a platform you don't possess? :-)