The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Available items & On hold projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using the "Available" setting for the project view and have some "On hold" projects. On the projects screen, item counts of the folders include on hold projects' items as well (even though they are not seen on the next page). I think this is a very confusing UI choice. "On hold" project items by definition are not "Available" and should not be counted. If you want to count them you should also show them.
I reported the issue, but the support ninja took it as a suggestion, not a bug at the moment.
What do you think?

pj

Based on my experiment just now, it clearly gives a count of available items which is incorrect. If I create a folder, with no projects, OFi reports None available. If I add a single sequential project, on hold, with a single available action, sync it over, OFi reports 1 available, but has no projects to display! Further experiments suggest the available count varies with the number of actions which would be available were all of the projects active, not on hold. Add a parallel project, on hold, with two actions which would be available, and the available count goes up by 2.

I would call that a bug, yes.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope it will be fixed soon.

pj

Quote:
Originally Posted by physicistjedi View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I hope it will be fixed soon.
Ah, to have any of those numbers close enough to zero that it mattered :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Ah, to have any of those numbers close enough to zero that it mattered :)
LOL! I'm in the same position. My numbers are so big that I have carefully tuned my brain to just block them out. I suppose that's not a good thing. :(

-Dennis

I try to hit Zero every day. If not, i can continue to move the tasks around.

If the task is larger than what can be archived in a couple of hours, i must break it down. I do not want a single task to last a week, but instaead 20 tasks, that can be done individually that all together make up the larger task

Bug is still there in version 1.5. :(

This is something that has been a major problem in OmniFocus for the iPhone since the day it was launched.

In 1.5 (as of now)

AVAILABLE in Projects View
NOW: See inactive folders and ghost available projects within them
SHOULD: Not see any inactive folders or any projects in them

REMAINING in Projects View
NOW: See inactive folders and all on hold projects
SHOULD: Not see any inactive folders or any projects that are on hold (not the definition of "available")

ALL in Projects view
NOW: See everything (on hold, completed, etc))
Should: Works

What is confusing is this is nothing like how OmniFocus the desktop client works. Why don't they just replicate that with a filter at the top of the Projects View:

All
Remaining
- Active
- Stalled
- Pending
- On Hold
Dropped
Completed

(or whatever is actually in OF for the iPhone).

Project views are the most important part of OmniFocus and this "bug" has been driving me crazy for over a year (yes I have reported it before).

BZ

This bug has been fixed for v1.5.2, which adds dropped folder support.