The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Inbox philosophy Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some of us work in very different ways ... I hardly ever use my Inbox.

90% of the tasks I add fit neatly into existing projects. I just add them directly to the correct project. [I have to call to get the car fixed --> Project car, context calls.]

9% of the remainder come into my mind as a new project, with tasks popping into my mind right away. Again, I don't bother with the Inbox — I go to the correct folder and start building my project. [Clean out the garage = Project, parallel, sweep floor, remove trash, ... ]

The last 1% may sit in the Inbox for a little while. [SF con costume for my daughter ... this sat in my Inbox until I had time to flesh out the project.]

I also like having the Inbox at the top of my Projects screen ... so I can see right away when I have something in there.

One of my beefs with other GTD software was that it forced me to use the Inbox. OF lets me avoid it.

--Liz

I'd love to have the option of a stack-based inbox...

...in OF 2.0!

I doubt Omnifolks would, but...PLEASE don't spend time and effort getting a stack-based inbox into 1.0.