The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

what to do with blackberry? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Our employees would like to use omnifocus for MAC but do not have iPhones. Is there any way to get focus synced to their Blackberries?

How do you suggest they work with focus when not in front of their computer?

Will there be a app for the Blackberry in the future?

Thanks!

We don't at this time have any plans for a Blackberry app.

Some people sync OmniFocus with iCal, and then use The Missing Sync (third-party software from mark/space) to sync iCal to their Blackberries. There are some limitations with this approach (it's certainly far from equivalent to what you get with OmniFocus for iPhone, for instance), so I recommend carefully exploring it before committing to it, to be sure whether or not it is sufficient for your needs.

Thanks for the clarification!

I setup the email to task option so now tasks can be added to omnifocus while away from the computer.

In order to view tasks on a pearl blackberry has anyone been using the omnifocus web interface? Not sure if this is overkill or even visible on the pearls browser.

May I add to this that I too dearly miss an application specially developed for Blackberry users. I hope that Omnifocus will soon consider developing one.

I purchased OmniOutliner Pro because of Kinkless GTD, and I kept up with news about OmniFocus while it was being developed. However, I did not find a compelling reason to purchase it. I finally downloaded it yesterday to "kick the tires" and then decide whether to get it.

Had OmniFocus offered BlackBerry support on par with its iPhone integration, purchasing it would have been a no-brainer.

By the way, I use The Missing Sync with iCal and my BlackBerry Curve, and it works quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
Had OmniFocus offered BlackBerry support on par with its iPhone integration, purchasing it would have been a no-brainer.
They've sold over 50,000 copies of the iPhone version (despite initial complaints by some that it was too expensive). Maybe you need to think about stepping up to the plate and offering to make a bulk purchase to get them interested in doing the BlackBerry :-)

I think it should be opened up to windows mobile as well. It would really help those of us who have an existing relationship with windows based products that as a business it is too costly to get out of. I have a whole office which runs on exchange server and outlook. With non profit pricing, it allows us access to software we could not otherwise afford.

I can understand that people want to see OmniFocus on the non-iPhone mobile platform of their choice. But to offer an opposing viewpoint, I don't want the Omni Group to waste precious development resources on niche markets.

Unless the demand for a Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Android, or whatever client is great enough to warrant hiring engineers dedicated to those platforms, don't jeopardize Mac/iPhone development!

There's plenty of work to still be done on the Mac/iPhone versions alone. That's where Omni's expertise lies. And that's where the vast majority of Omni's customers come from.

Just my two cents.

-Dennis

What if instead of targeting every possible platform, we built a version of OmniFocus for the web which could sync with the Mac and iPhone versions?