The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Has OmniFocus applied for GTDŽ Enabled designation yet? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Eric Mack's eProductivity is the first product to receive the 'GTDŽ Enabled' designation from David Allen.

Given the plethora of GTD tools out there, OmniFocus might benefit a lot from being the first Mac tool to get the 'GTDŽ Enabled' emblem stamp of approval from DavidCo.

Just a thought.

Jim

You lost me at "For Lotus Notes."

LOL.

Notes is like a big brown skidmark on a formerly brand new pair of underwear.

CatOne,

I think your response to a sincere post was a bit uncalled for. One of the things that I love about Omni Group products is the high degree of civility and helpfulness on Omni's message boards; it would be a shame if the general level of discourse were to decline.

I respectfully align myself with CatOne. Lotus Notes does suck, and civility is overrated. I think that we can all handle descriptive language without getting upset.

In the hopes of keeping the focus where intended, this post is about OmniFocus and the 'GTDŽ Enabled' designation from David Allen, and not about Lotus or eProductivity (which was only linked as an example of the 'GTDŽ Enabled' designation).

That said, if people find Lotus and eProductivity more interesting, have at it. Civility and helpfulness are nice, but I'm not going to censor anyone's lack thereof (however, it may color my impression of them).

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
Eric Mack's eProductivity is the first product to receive the 'GTDŽ Enabled' designation from David Allen.

Given the plethora of GTD tools out there, OmniFocus might benefit a lot from being the first Mac tool to get the 'GTDŽ Enabled' emblem stamp of approval from DavidCo.

Just a thought.

Jim
That is a neat idea. Personally, tho, I don't like the sound of "GDT Enabled" since it does imply that a product was not designed with GTD in mind, but just enabled with a few tweaks for GTD as an afterthought (which is the case with the Notes). I think for OF some designation like "Designed4GTDŽ or "GTDŽ App" would fit much better. But regardless of the designation name, I think it would be neat for OF to get some David Allen Co. official endorsement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts-it View Post
I think for OF some designation like "Designed4GTDŽ or "GTDŽ App" would fit much better.
Or something like GTDŽ Certified (indicating that DavidCo has approved an app for GTD use). I agree that Enabled isn't the best term. We'll have to see if DavidCo has different designations (there may be different ones - this is just the first I've personally seen).

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecter View Post
.... GTDŽ Certified ....
The best yet! Definitively something that implies that the app was designed with GTD in mind and that it functions as it should.

Stay tuned! (Or I suppose you could just read between the lines of what David Allen recently said about OmniFocus on twitter… Or what I said.)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2009-02-11 at 10:45 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Stay tuned! (Or I suppose you could just read between the lines of what David Allen recently said about OmniFocus on twitter… Or what I said.)
Hooray!

:)