The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Window resize issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe someone can help me with this. My OmniFocus window is reduced to a size that is too small to use but will not allow me to change the size.

I was working from a perspective in the context mode, then clicked on the green (zoom) button at the top left of the window expecting that to change the window size to fill the screen. It didn't, so I dragged the resize tab in the bottom right of the window. The window then resized to a very slim vertical shape. (I've attached a screenshot.) After that, using the resize tab at the bottom right corner of the window only resized vertically, not horizontally.

I tried to click the green button again, but that didn't alter the window. I restarted OmniFocus and the problem was still there. I also reverted to a previous backup, but the window was still unable to resize horizontally. I was able to open the file ../Library/Application
Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus~. That window behaved as expected, but if I make changes here they aren't saved.

Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know if there is any more info I can provide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joshuast_of_window.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	336  

Try grabbing the long vertical divider (the one with the dot in the middle), and dragging that to the right).

Ah, nope that won't work, this seems to be a much bigger bug, one that I'm now encountering in the latest (92825) build. It happened for me moving a window from one screen to another on my two-screen system.

I should note that an earlier build, 92820, seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuast View Post
I dragged the resize tab in the bottom right of the window. The window then resized to a very slim vertical shape. ... After that, using the resize tab at the bottom right corner of the window only resized vertically, not horizontally.
I had the same problem with build 92825. I retreated to 92773.

I have a two-monitor system as well. I don't remember if I moved the window across them when it first happened. I may have.

I tried the vertical bar with the dot when it first happened too, but it seemed like it made the window get even smaller.

I've sent an email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com describing the issue and have already received an auto reply.

Thanks jasong, I reverted to build 92820 too and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
I had the same problem with build 92825. I retreated to 92773.
Yup, same problem with 92825. 92820 is safe.

To get the original windows back I deleted ~/Library/Prefernces/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist.

But when I touched the lower-right resize box the windows collapsed to the tiny un-expandible version.

I ran into the same problem. Reverting to 92820 fixed it for me as well.