The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lazy reloading of workspaces? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have big workspaces (several windows each with a lot of tabs), and when I need to restart or OmniWeb crashes or whatever, I certainly appreciate its automatic saving and reloading of the current workspace, but to have it reopen every single page as soon as I open the browser seems overkill (and it also makes opening the program slow as hell). Maybe there should be an option to have OmniWeb "lazily" restore workspaces... i.e. it doesn't reload any given page until you actually click on its tab?

There is a way to have it load from cache. Then you have to hit reload on each page to get the new content. If that's what you want, I'll dig up the hidden pref command.

You can enter this command in a terminal window while OmniWeb isn't running:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WorkspacesLoadFromCache -bool True
This will force loading pages in a workspace from the cache if the page content is available.