The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dates need more display options! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find an option to change the display of dates.

For example, I would like to have OF display "3 days", "Tuesday", "2 weeks", or "Tomorrow" in the due date field for tasks that will become due shortly - instead of just an abbreviated date.

I would also like to be able to tell OF to display dates in a longer format, rather than just dd/mm/yy.

Is this possible?

Thx

Nope, you can't do any of those things at the moment. To log an official feature request, send email to omnifocus@omnigroup.com or use Help->Send Feedback from inside the program.

I always thought OmniFocus used the date and time formats set in your System Preferences -> International -> Formats preference pane. Although, I've never actually tested it. So you might want to try it.

If it does, however, you could customize your short date format to whatever you like. But it would, of course, affect the short date format across the entire system as well.

-Dennis

Oops, good catch, Dennis! I read the question as wanting a way to change only OmniFocus, but perhaps that was too narrow a reading. One can certainly get the longer date variants by changing the short date format. The request for special treatment of nearby dates does not seem to be amenable to solving that way, however.

If you do change your short date format (in the International preferences), it appears you'll have to restart OmniFocus before you see any change.

Thank-you for the system date setting clarification, I will give it a try. Too bad about OF doesn't have any "due date" view options - I will email the request.