The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to deal with things need to follow up?? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi,

I just download OmniFocus and try it for few days. I found out a problem that I don't know how to deal with things that need to follow up. For example, I have a task "email to a customer", then I complete the task. I should just mark it as completed however the task doesn't at some level since I need to follow up this task for further potential actions.

Is anyone can give me some suggestions? Thanks a lot!!

Alysha

What are those further potential actions? You can either explicitly capture an action to "followup with such-and-such" or "waiting on such-and-such", and put it in an appropriate context ("John", "email", "followups", e.g.) or you can capture the thing you know you need to do ("Confirm widget was cranked by John") in the appropriate context for that action.

I tend to see these things when I'm doing a review and notice a stalled project. Stalled projects either need an action or need to be closed.

Kurt wrote a great applescript that you can find in the forums called "Complete and Await Reply" that completes the one task and creates a waiting task to remind you to check for followup.