The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

minimize or eliminate tabs for activity input Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Am I the only one who finds the iPad "item" window harder to use than the iPhone version? It's nice to have the keyboard not overlap with the screen, but I think it would be faster to have at least the information and dates tab on the same screen. That is what I use 99% of the time.

Like most UI designs, it's a play off of space v usability.

I don't have a problem with the tabs personally and I use it all of the time, I also like the fact that with each tab so focused, it's uncluttered and limits the possibility of clicking on the wrong thing accidentally.

Of course YMMV, but I think that they've got it spot on.

Put in a Feature request with the Ninja's if you wish the behaviour to be changed.

It may be a few more taps if you are filling out every possible bit of information, but I find that I'm usually changing or adding items on only one or two panels at any given time, so as Geoff says, the view is uncluttered and easy to use. One tap to switch between info and dates seems a reasonable tradeoff, especially when the buttons are located right under where my finger typically hovers.

I agree, a merge of the info and dates tab would be a godsend.