The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request - Repeated Action History Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus is a phenomenal GTD tool that helps me collect, review and ultimately execute. One type of action that doesn't receive a lot of attention in the GTD literature is the repeated action. I find that many repeated actions involve goals such as health (exercise, diet suppliments) or skill building (guitar, reading). In those cases it would be very useful to be able to review how you are doing by seeing a summary of when the action was actually completed vs skipped. A visual of the last month annotated with what days the repeated action was completed would be a fast and effective way to ask "How am I doing?"

I hesitate to go into much detail since the omni team certainly knows its business but here are a couple of concrete thoughts in summary.
  • A special type of repeated action that has a history of when it was completed.
  • A way to "skip" the item if it is due but will not be completed that day (move the due date out one day)
  • A summary of when the item was actually completed over some reasonable time period to be used during review.

Keep up the great work.