The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to change date format in date columns? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm probably an idiot for not seeing how to do this, but I've added a Start column, and the format looks like

T day 8:00 AM

I'm not sure what this means (maybe "Thursday, 8:00 am), but the format I want is:

Mon 7/30, or

Monday 7/30

or something like that. How do I do that? I've been browsing through the inspectors, but can't seem to find it.

Ok, I figured out the T day thing. You need to change this in the Task Information inspector. But I still don't know how to get rid of the time component in the column.

The date also needs to adopt the users system preferences. US date format on a UK system is never a pleasant experience.

To change the date formats, open the preferences and open Displays. Select the scale you want to alter and drag/drop the elements around etc. Quite buggy though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
The date also needs to adopt the users system preferences. US date format on a UK system is never a pleasant experience.

To change the date formats, open the preferences and open Displays. Select the scale you want to alter and drag/drop the elements around etc. Quite buggy though!
Yes, a less buggy version of that panel has been written and will be integrated sometime soon. Its very much like the panel in System Prefrences->International->Formats->Customize.

Thanks. This changes the date format of the column headers in the Gantt chart, right? I'm looking for how to change the date format in the Start and End columns. Is there any way to do that?

That's set by your system preferences in International > Formats. (Relaunch OmniPlan afterwards to see the changes.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
That's set by your system preferences in International > Formats. (Relaunch OmniPlan afterwards to see the changes.)
Sorry...I'm still not sure how this is supposed to work. I'm looking at this in International > Formats, and yes, there's a Date format, and separately a Time format, but I don't know how this allows me to exclude Time from the content of the Start/Finish columns.

I know this is a nit, but I'd like to control the format of these contents, whether it look like:

9/16
9/16/06
MON 9/16/06 8:00 AM

or whatever. Shouldn't this be an OmniPlan preference and not part of my general system-prefs? Thanks.

Sorry, I thought when you said "change the date format" you were looking for dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy, or something like that.

There is not currently a way to hide times, but we have a very popular feature request open for it. I'll add your vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard
Sorry, I thought when you said "change the date format" you were looking for dd/mm/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy, or something like that.

There is not currently a way to hide times, but we have a very popular feature request open for it. I'll add your vote.
Please add my vote as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtyler
I'm probably an idiot for not seeing how to do this, but I've added a Start column, and the format looks like

T day 8:00 AM

I'm not sure what this means (maybe "Thursday, 8:00 am), but the format I want is:

Mon 7/30, or

Monday 7/30

or something like that. How do I do that? I've been browsing through the inspectors, but can't seem to find it.
it seems that you have checked the radio button "Start" "Undetermined Date" in your "Project:Information" inspector.

If you define a start date this should resolve your problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.png
Views:	799
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.png
Views:	778
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	107