The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Changing note color--tied to level Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all... is there a way to set the style of the notes (Column 1) so that a different color (which I get to specify) is used for each level? Thanks in advance...

If I understand you correctly, you want for example, level 1 notes to be a different color from level 2 notes? This isn't something possible right now. It's something we'll consider for OO4 though.

You understood correctly. My problem now is that if I use, for example, a dark blue background for level1, with a white note color, then use some lighter color as the background for level2, the white note text will be invisible. I'm having to manually set note colors everywhere (via Copy Style/Paste Style) and it gets rather tedious. I really hope this gets into version 4.

Thanks for your response, btw...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM
If I understand you correctly, you want for example, level 1 notes to be a different color from level 2 notes? This isn't something possible right now. It's something we'll consider for OO4 though.
I would find this useful as well.

Peter