The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble syncing iPod Touch to WebDAV database Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I seem to be having some trouble syncing my iPod Touch to a WebDAV server that I set up on my MacBook Pro. I've verified that the desktop version of OF is successfully syncing to the WebDAV server using 'Goliath', but every time that I attempt to sync the iPod to the server, the iPod just seems to be searching for the database for a few minutes, then I receive the message: "Unable to synchronize database with server. timed out".

***See attached screenshot

Any help or advice in the matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-danrel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	607  

It sounds like the iPod isn't even finding the WebDAV. Do you have another computer you can use to check that the WebDAV is accessible? (I assume the Goliath testing was on the laptop that's hosting the WebDAV.)

Hi Lizard,

Good call, I tried using Goliath on another MacBook in the house and it just spun for a while and then crashed. I followed Manas' instructions down to a 'T' and for some reason, it's not working. I'm not new to the Terminal or Unix in general so I don't really understand why this isn't working. Oh well, I've posted on Manas' blog in hopes of getting this straightened out. I'll go back over my config files to make certain that everything is in order. I'll post back with my findings.

Thanks for the fast reply Lizard!

Take care,

-danrel