The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

gmail / general disappointment Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiyi666@yahoo.com
It just doesn't include chat or "select all" options, which are not displayed at all. Chat I can live without; trying to delete all that spam without "select all," however, just is impossible.

For how little I check gmail, OW will remain my main browser. Just can't get used to FF, even though it has some great features. Too damn slow, compared to OW.
I've got both the "Select: All, None, Read, Unread, Starred, Unstarred" and "Delete all spam messages now" in gmail. I use them all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurobashing
I've got both the "Select: All, None, Read, Unread, Starred, Unstarred" and "Delete all spam messages now" in gmail. I use them all the time.
Interesting. May I ask about your Keychain preferences for certificates? This has given me some issues with https URLs. I would love to have gmail work a little better on OW.

Thanks.

Quote:
Interesting. May I ask about your Keychain preferences for certificates? This has given me some issues with https URLs. I would love to have gmail work a little better on OW.

Thanks.
I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to go with "uh, whatever the default is, i guess, as I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about".

It says "Off" to the first 2 items and the 3rd item is greyed out. I think this is the first time I've run Keychain Access.app in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurobashing

It says "Off" to the first 2 items and the 3rd item is greyed out. I think this is the first time I've run Keychain Access.app in 2007.
Hmmm. That did not solve the issue for me.

But I'm not sure that having selected "off" is the most secure mode for your keychain certificates. I've posed this question here and elsewhere but never got a response. It was brought to my attention when checking secure https URLs suddenly started producing warnings about certificates not being secure.

Back to OW: the only way I got it display "select all..." was to click on the "nocheckbrowser" link. But then the mailbox links no longer worked. I can check gmail with my regular email client, so I'm not too concerned. But I am curious why it works for you but not for me. Build details:

Product: OmniWeb-5.5
Tag: OmniWeb-5.5.4-v607.17

Quote:
It just doesn't include chat or "select all" options, which are not displayed at all. Chat I can live without; trying to delete all that spam without "select all," however, just is impossible.

For how little I check gmail, OW will remain my main browser. Just can't get used to FF, even though it has some great features. Too damn slow, compared to OW.
Strange. GMAIL Select All works fine for me in 5.5.4. I don't use chat so can't comment on that.

It works fine in Safari for me.

Hmmmmmm.......

What are you identifying to google.com as? Try Firefox as the browser identity in OmniWeb to get more functionality, until 5.6 shows its face in public.

I have used FF 2.0 Mac as the browser identity for GMail and GReader and overall they are working OK for me.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
What are you identifying to google.com as? Try Firefox as the browser identity in OmniWeb to get more functionality, until 5.6 shows its face in public.
But browser spoofing will create issues since Firefox'es browser model (Mozilla) is completely different from KHTML/Webkit.

I think they are actually sending Firefox specific data to do things. Not doing just to make Safari/Omniweb or other webkit users mad.

I also think they decide to disable stuff because it doesn't pass their quality tests on that specific browser.

I would spoof as Safari 2 but not Firefox.

Nice to see OW sp is working increasingly well with GMail. Not sure when it happened, but I see the rollover info boxes now work for Contacts :)