The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zap or Shrink The Bookmark Icon In Favorites Bar? Please?! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Other browsers I've used such as Safari, Shiira, Firefox, etc all don't have a big bookmark icon prefixing each link.

I would love to fully utilize your Favorites bar (a.k.a. Toolbar) as I have in every other browser, but unfortunately once I get past several links it scrolls to a new line. I use the bar to prioritize tasks / sites I need to visit as well as long-term priorities in folders, and I don't have enough room with OmniWeb.

What's my 1 frustration with OmniWeb? The damn bookmark icons taking up all that space! :)

Please fix? :) Make this an option? :)

And if I am an idiot for missing the preference option somewhere, then huge apologies :o and thank you for directing me where to find this amazing pref option.

Thank you, --Gabriel

You can't do this right now but it is a popular request and something we'll be considering in the future. Thanks!

Thank you for the reply.

I just registered earlier this morning, hope to "support" this feature :))

so i am hoping this is still on track to be a feature at some point!! i also would like the option to disable favicons to just use the default icons or to loose icons all together and just be text.

Also one other small request. That a bokmark separator be a small bar and not just a spacer....

keep up the great work!!

YES, please. I need the option to ditch the favicons in the Faves bar. I have a ton of them I use for work, and the icons just take up TOO much space!

I can only make mine fit by right click / edit name then DEL the name you will be left with only the favicon which looks much better.

I also would like to have much smaller favicons, and to be lots of them on several bars they are enormously useful to me.

I would also like to lose the space between the favicons it is just too large at the moment.

Do LOVE omniweb though! :-)

Last edited by beintelegant; 2007-10-01 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: spelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by beintelegant View Post
I can only make mine fit by right click / edit name then DEL the name you will be left with only the favicon which looks much better.

I also would like to have much smaller favicons, and to be lots of them on several bars they are enormously useful to me.

I would also like to lose the space between the favicons it is just too large at the moment.

Do LOVE omniweb though! :-)
I do this as well. Tell the truth, I'd love a way to keep the labels, but disable their display in the bookmarks bar. And of course, the ability to load up icons for sites that *still* don't have favicons (a la the "favicon picker" firefox extension).