The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Updating often requires relaunching the app Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
How's that for a rationalization?
If only I could post stuff on the forum that was 1/100th as useful as your posts, I'd love to use it as a rationalization myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
If only I could post stuff on the forum that was 1/100th as useful as your posts, I'd love to use it as a rationalization myself!
It doesn't have to be posting, necessarily. Long posts that deserve a close reading (any time Rob Trew posts a new Applescript, or someone posting a writeup of a new and different workflow, or a discussion of all that is wrong with OmniFocus, to list a few examples) get the same treatment. I used to route more of my reading through OmniFocus, but the stuff without graphical content that isn't actionable or likely to be needed as future reference material tends to go through Instapaper now. If there's some time pressure, it still goes to OmniFocus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfneuralnet View Post
I consistently have this bug, it is not intermittent, and I reported it as well. Anything I can do to help?
I don't think Brian was saying it doesn't happen often - just that there isn't a defined reproducible use case. If anyone has one please send it in. It makes a huge difference in tracking down issues like this.

As a dev myself this happens fairly often for me, but I can't figure out exactly what conditions cause it.