The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request - Entering Task Completion as Hours Worked Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm using Applescript to update the Completed property of a task. My automated time-tracking system collects and reports work completed in decimal hours.

While I can easily compute the OmniPlan task's Completed as a percentage of planned effort (at the expense of an extra apple event to fetch the planned effort value), it seems to me it would be more straightforward to be able to enter Completed as actual hours instead of as a percentage.

This would seem to me to make sense for manual data input, too, since I suspect many organizations collect actuals information in raw hours.

Perhaps this could someday be a per-task preference? I'd even like to see a project-wide preference for recording actuals as hours or percentages, with the ability to override that setting on a specific task (there are tasks I'm not tracking this closely).

I have filed a feature request for this in our database. Please keep in mind that we can't include every feature in OmniPlan, but we will definitely read/consider every request. :)