The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add numbers top to bottom Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have an inventory outline in OOPro. The first column is Items, the second column is Paid. I can't seem to get a total for the Paid column. I've made it a number column, when I select Total as the summary type, all the numbers disappear.

How do I set this up so it adds up the numbers top to bottom?

The summary option for columns works such that every parent row is a summary of it's children. If you have data manually entered into a parent row, it will get erased when you pick a summary type. Summary cells are indicated by the gray background fill.

It sounds like you will need to reorganize your document or change where you're placing the paid data so you can use the summary option. Go ahead and send me a sample doc if you're still having trouble with it.