The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forecast view listings for Mac desktop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Well caught.

Amended above.

I think there is still a typo in that start date script. Line 34 now reads as follows:

"ORDER BY ORDER BY t.effectiveDateToStart, f.name, p.name, c.name"

Should one of those ORDER BY statements be deleted?

Anyway to exclude completed items from the Starting This Week script? I completed a couple of tasks that started today, but they are still showing in the list.

Thanks. Edited above.

Re time, the convention of the scripts is to define 'today' as starting last night at midnight.

It should, I think, be possible to decipher and tailor the boundaries..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Thanks. Edited above.

Re time, the convention of the scripts is to define 'today' as starting last night at midnight.

It should, I think, be possible to decipher and tailor the boundaries..
Not sure if you were responding to my question or one above. I tried adding "t.dateCompleted is null" to the matches statement in the start date script. It removed the items that were completed, but for some reason it also removed the start date header for the first task that remained after that.

I guess that's not the way to accomplish pulling completed tasks out of this list.

Hey
Could somebody make a screen shoot of how does your script for iCal look? I totally don't know what I suppose to do with that code, but first I would want to know what it really does.

Thanks a lot

A Geektool site may prove helpful on that one.
http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/geeklets...cal-reminders/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
A Geektool site may prove helpful on that one.
http://www.macosxtips.co.uk/geeklets...cal-reminders/
I have no idea how it relates to OmniFocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainInside View Post
I have no idea how it relates to OmniFocus
Geektool is a utility that places information on your desktop. The script that Robtrew wrote queries the OF database (or in the case of ical you ical database), and then tells geektool to put that information on your desktop.

If you learn a little bit about geektool, you'll probably have a better understanding of what is possible based on Rob's script. The script itself pretty much just outputs a text list of dates and events, in the case of the ical script.

But using Geektool, you can then take this raw text output and format certain aspects of it.

For example, I made the color of my text white and changed the font size. Otherwise, I kept things quite simple. I just wanted a raw list of info on the desktop of one of my three monitors, so it was always there staring me in the face.

Other people create much fancier stuff.

Basically, you download geektool and install it. Then you create a widget thing to sit on your desktop. From there, you'll be given a preference dialog box. One option is to insert the content of a bash script, which will then output info to your desktop. Take the text of one of Rob's scripts, and past it into the part of the preferences. place the widget thing on your desktop. It should update. Then you'll see the info at has collected form its query.

I'm sorry if this isn't a super clear explanation. I'm not in a position to take screenshots, as I'm away from my Mac right now. But hopefully it will give you enough background that you can take it the rest of the way yourself using the link Rob provided.

KS

@kingsinger
I think I get the idea, but I was thinking it is for OmniFocus forecast option on MacOS like it is on iPhone.

If you will be able to get a screen shot I would appreciate. Maybe I'm getting it wrong, however I think it will have no use for me.

Thanks