The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using BingoDisk: Where is OF field for WebDAV Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydb View Post

1. Get BingoDisk account ($20 a year for 10GB is really not much)
2. Enter BingoDisk account data in OF WebDAV sync field (http://accountname.bingodisk.com/bingo/)
3. Sync
4. Do same on iPhone/iPod Touch
5. done.

I read these directions, got excited about actually having this thing sync. It is an awesome looking program. I see where to enter the the account data in the phone, but where do I find the WebDAV sync field in OF. I have been through the preferences over and over.

Help! Thanks

Do you have OmniFocus 1.1? In preferences, there's an orange icon that should open the sync prefs. If you need 1.1, get it here.

I don't. I just downloaded it it and tried to install. I got a message saying it couldn't copy to the applications file because mail something or other was enabled. I tried to go to the mail tab in OF preferences to disable that (I thought this might be what it was talking about). OF crashed. Now every time I try to click on that preferences mail tab OF crashes. I also notice that when OF launches it shows up in the menu bar.

When I try again to copy 1.1 I get an error message that says that Omni mail messages service enabler is in use.

Where next?

Last edited by MichaelG; 2008-07-11 at 06:20 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
I don't. I just downloaded it it and tried to install. I got a message saying it couldn't copy to the applications file because mail something or other was enabled. I tried to go to the mail tab in OF preferences to disable that (I thought this might be what it was talking about). OF crashed. Now every time I try to click on that preferences mail tab OF crashes. I also notice that when OF launches it shows up in the menu bar.

When I try again to copy 1.1 I get an error message that says that Omni mail messages service enabler is in use.

Where next?
Quit Mail.app, try the install again, and you should be past that roadblock. It's the "Clip-o-tron 3000" that causes the hangup, I bet. I've run into this on a few installs, and each time closing the Mail application did the trick.

Okay I took care of that. Now I'm entering the Bingodisk address and I get an error saying can't find the host. I've looked at the format like 50 times and don't see a problem.

Any suggestions from anyone? This has been a long day. I'd love to end it with OF working on my phone.

One step at a time. I finally got it to bring up the log in form for the Name and Password, and now that won't let me through.

Nothing has come easily today. I put in a support request to the BingoDisk guys. If anyone has an idea before that I'd love to hear it.