The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Task to Entourage Event Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here is a script (based on sandro@sandro.org's script for creating an entourage mail message) that makes a new Entourage calendar event from an Omnifocus task.

Event subject = task subject
Event Notes = task notes
Event Date = task due date

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"

tell front document
		tell document window 1
			set theSelectedItems to selected trees of content
			if ((count of theSelectedItems) < 1) then
				display alert "You must first select a single task." message "Select a single task before running this script." as warning
				return
			end if
			if ((count of theSelectedItems) > 1) then
				display alert "You must select only one task." message "Select a single task before running this script." as warning
				return
			end if

end tell
	end tell

set theDoc to document window 1 of document 1

--	set theSelectedTask to the «class OTva» of item 1 of selected tree of the content of theDoc
	set theSelectedTask to value of item 1 of theSelectedItems

set eventSubject to name of theSelectedTask
	set eventContent to note of theSelectedTask
	set eventDate to due date of theSelectedTask

if (eventSubject = "missing value") then
		set eventSubject to ""
	end if

end tell

tell application "Microsoft Entourage"
	activate
	set newCal to make new event at draft window with properties {subject:eventSubject, content:eventContent, all day event:false, start time:eventDate}
	open newCal
end tell

Your script sounds very useful the way I use OF. But I just switched from using Entourage to iCal! Is there any script that you know of which can take an OF task and make an iCal event (not a todo!). If not, anyone willing to take on the challenge... at least it would be a challenge to me!

Thanks,
Eric

Eric, I think there are a couple different scripts in the "OmniFocus Extras" forum that may work for you. Here's a good starting point:
Selected Tasks to iCal

Hi I'm getting an error message -1700 when I activate this script any ideas