The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stumped- Move Magnet Position? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone know if/how we can move where a line connects to an object? Been running all through the settings and haven't been able to find it yet.

Thanks

Magnet manipulation on the iPad isn't in place yet, we hope to add it either via an inspector popover or via a magnet tool for a future release.

Magnets that have been positioned in OmniGraffle on the Mac will work as expected when those files are opened up on the iPad, however.

Thanks Joel, I'll just clean it up on the Mac then.

Looking forward to this, and just dropping a quick note to bump it up half a point on your priorities. ;)

Have omnigraffle on my Mac love it

But the pad version won't keep connectors stationary in the centre of boxes.

Where can I lock them to the shapes they join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Have omnigraffle on my Mac love it

But the pad version won't keep connectors stationary in the centre of boxes.

Where can I lock them to the shapes they join.
Have been able to copy and paste the wireframe example box and connectors and they perform as expected... But a fix would be good

I would also like to add my voice to the call for making the addition of magnet control to the iPad version the highest possibly priority.

I love the product but find that I simply can't use it in my work without that capability.

Keep up the great work on the app. I would love to be able to do a day's IA work without leaving my iPad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireboy View Post
I would also like to add my voice to the call for making the addition of magnet control to the iPad version the highest possibly priority.

I love the product but find that I simply can't use it in my work without that capability.

Keep up the great work on the app. I would love to be able to do a day's IA work without leaving my iPad!
You need to send an email to OmniGroup for your vote to get entered in their system. They do use that feedback to prioritize their work so please send them an email. And yes, I also already requested magnet support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireboy View Post

If that's all you need it to do in order to do your work with it, you can add little invisible boxes to your objects and pretend they're magnets. Just group everything up and it'll be almost the same experience, just a little more clumsy ;-)

It won't pick the closest magnet for you but it does help with the whole "my connector connects to the belly button of my penguin instead of the tip of its beak" type situation.