The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF2 for iPhone: single-action lists? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've just started using OF2 for iPhone. I've been watching the Omnigroup videos and trying get my head around folders/projects/perspectives etc.

One thing I can't find on the iPhone app is how to create a single-action list. On the mac there's an option to choose this, but there doesn't appear to be one on the iPhone app. Am I correct, and if so, how does one create a list of single actions?

Thanks

EDIT: I've watched OF1 video for iPhone, and when they assign a context to a task, it's automatically moved out of the inbox. This doesn't seem to be happening in OF2. It only moves out of the inbox if I assign it to a project. Why is this?

Last edited by cerebralhigh; 2014-01-15 at 01:13 PM..

Tap on your project to view its details. The first set of 3 buttons controls whether your project is sequential, parallel, or a collection of single actions.

We changed the default behavior of OmniFocus 2 for iPhone so that (if I'm remembering right!) either a project or a context is sufficient to move an action out of the inbox. On the Mac there's a setting to control that behavior (and that setting will sync to the iPhone), but we haven't added it to the iPhone yet.

Hi Lizard, thank you for your reply.

I should have been clearer, I don't actually own a Mac (at least not yet, I'm saving to get one soon). In the video for OF1 for iPhone it shows someone clearing the inbox, and an item is moved out of the inbox by assigning either a project OR a context. But in the video for OF2 for iPhone this isn't shown, which is why I wondered whether it was possible. Currently you can only move an inbox item to a project in OF2. Adding a context leaves it in the inbox.

So you're suggesting I create a project called "single actions" which I set to be a collection of single actions rather than sequential or parallel? Ok that makes sense, although it does seem a bit odd because a list of unrelated single actions isn't actually a project. But I guess if it works ok then it should be fine.

One question though. On a Mac, you can define a list as either a project, a folder or a single action list. If you create a single action list on a Mac, how would this sync to OF2 for iPhone, given that OF2 doesn't support single action lists? Would it just appear as a project with the same name?

Thanks for your help