The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SP12: triple click link = crash Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've successfully tried this on numerous websites now. For instance, yahoo.com. Once fully loaded, triple click on the Finance icon, for example. It sends me into an immediate crash.
I'm running on a fresh install MacBook, so I don't think there could be much 3rd party conflicts going on.

Can anyone else verify this bug?

(Don't ask me why I was triple clicking..)

--Edit--
Curiously, it only seems to happen on "slower" web servers. With Google, for instance, I can't make the bug happen because it responds so darn fast. But latimes.com, any link on the website will crash it if triple clicked. It seems like the link has to start being loaded and the third click while it is loaded sends OW into a tailspin.
--/Edit--

Last edited by jschwalbe; 2006-05-31 at 08:47 PM..

Quote:
(Don't ask me why I was triple clicking..)
That's just what I was going to do. I think it's funny when people double-click links...

Anyway, I can confirm. I used the "Sneaky Peek Bug Reports" link atop this page. Crashed like a charm.

I've had four crashes in the last two days with SP12.

Hmmm....

Nice Crasher :)

We have tracked down why this started happening and have figured out a way to avoid it for the next release...

For the curious, it turns out that WebKit doesn't really handle it correctly when you implement some of it's delegate methods the way they are documented. Apparently Safari doesn't use them that way so it hasn't really been tested fully.