The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start date and reschedule date preferences? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Apologies in advance if this has been covered somewhere...I did a search but couldn't find anything.

I use OmniPlan as a personal project management tool. Thus, I am the only resource. The two questions I have are:

1) Is there a way to set a preference so that new tasks automatically default to TODAY rather than the first day of the project file? The reason is that I am using one larger file called Personal Projects.omniplan to track multiple projects since there isn't a way to track resources across multiple files. So when I add new tasks, they always default to 1/10/08, the start date of the project file rather than today.

2) I use RESCHEDULE and LEVEL daily to bring my projects/to-do lists to-date so that I can see what I have to work on today. When I use RESCHEDULE, it defaults to tomorrow's date so I have to manually type today's date. When I use LEVEL with "DON'T SCHEDULE ANY TASK BEFORE DATE:" it also defaults to tomorrow's date. Is there any way to change the default date to today?

I'm not sure if I have missed these preferences somewhere or if they are even valid concerns. Am I approaching the use of this software in the incorrect way?

Thanks in advance!