The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TextExpander Support (Feature Request) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Since OF is all about being the most efficent you can be, I would like to make a feature request by adding TextExpander support in OF for Mac and iPad.

TextExpander already works on several other 3rd part apps for the ipad EXP: Simple note.....

It would be a great addition, I have the SDK if you're interested.....

Regards....

Keep up the GREAT work guys!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryver8 View Post
Since OF is all about being the most efficent you can be, I would like to make a feature request by adding TextExpander support in OF for Mac and iPad.

TextExpander already works on several other 3rd part apps for the ipad EXP: Simple note.....

It would be a great addition, I have the SDK if you're interested.....

Regards....

Keep up the GREAT work guys!!!!
Ah, now I see why TextExpander would really be great:
Forum posts aren't counted towards feature requests, emails to Omni Support are (Gears menu>Contact Omni). Be sure to send your feedback to them, I believe there's already a feature request open on TextExpander integration!

Auto text is a very useful feature in the Blackberry world and such an app is available on an iPhone through an App named "TextExpander". It is an autotext application that runs on Mac OS and iPhone. The Mac OS version runs "on top" of the OS and defined snippet substitutions can be used in any application. For example, the text "tm" will be replaced with "Thanks, Maximus" (if so defined). On the iPhone, TextExpander must be integrated with the App, such as Omnifocus with software. Is there a plan to add an autotext feature to Omnifocus iPhone or integrate with a third-party such as TextExpander?

Merged threads.

Count me in on the votes for TextExpander integration. Works like a charm with over 100 other iOS apps already (DevonThink, Week Calendar, Twittelator, Things, Simplenote, iThoughts, etc.)

Would ease the fast entering of tasks, notes, etc. - just what OF is about.
Examples:
  • mmdw = "Make date with ..."
  • rrow = "Research ... on web"
  • ddaf = "Draft agenda for ..."

no limits to creativity and geekyness... to whom it may concern ;-)

Best regards, Chris

iOS 5 feature 'Shortcuts' tested in iOS 5 beta 1 works for OmniGroup (and all other) apps to give similar, if not exact, desired behavior.

Last edited by analyticalbiochemist; 2011-06-07 at 07:34 PM..

Yes I want this in all the iOS versions.

No doubt it will do my work faster. I sent the feedback.

Let's hope that more users find this useful :-)

Its a pain to view an object time stamp in OF on iOS so I use Textexpander ddd command to put date in title. only i have to do this manually on iOS... so why not do it Omnigroup?