The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How delete a perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm sure they're busy after the two recent launches, but given the appearance of data corruption, I think you should phone them directly if you can.

http://www.omnigroup.com/support

Quote:
Weekdays from 10am to 5pm Pacific time, you can also get phone support by dialing 800 315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152 and choosing the Support option when the nice robo-person asks what extension you'd like. (You can also press "0" if you'd prefer to bypass SkyNet and speak to a soul-bearing entity.)

Yup there's no way to create a second " inbox " got curious and just tried it , doesn't save the name at all . My money's on database corruption also .

Did some more research. This was an issue specific to syncing OmniFocus 2 with the German (and possibly other non-English translations of the app) iPhone app. The issue was corrected in June, but that doesn't clean up the database. It sounds like you've already contacted Support, who are best equipped to help clean up the scrambled perspectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
A case for an immediate email to OmniFocus > Help > Send Feedback, I think.

That looks curious, and it's possible that there has been some data corruption.

(I'm not sure that you should even be able to create additional custom perspectives with the names Inbox, Project or Context ... )
I am having this exact same issue. Rebuilding the database removes most duplicates, but there remain two copies of each perspective. In a short amount of time, more duplicates appear again.

I have just emailed support, but wondering if this was ever resolved for you?

I am having the same issue - many copies of Default perspectives I can not delete. Delete key does not work, no delete option in gear.
I can create, then delete a new perspective.
FYI I was previously on OF2 Beta, not sure if that is a possible impact.

mpretka: as noted above, please contact omnifocus@omnigroup.com so that our Support Humans can coach you through cleaning up your database.