The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniOutliner 3.10.4 now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniOutliner 3.10.4 is a minor maintenance release that fixes Automator actions included in the Mac App Store version and updates the application icon.

Features
  • New application icon!

Bug Fixes
  • Automator actions included with Mac App Store versions should now correctly install for everyone.
  • When scroll bars are always visible under 10.7, the top border will now render for the scroll bar.

If you've purchased OmniOutliner from the Omni Store, you can check for updates from the Application Menu inside the app itself to get the new version, or head over to our Downloads Page.

If you've purchased OmniOutliner from the Mac App Store you can update via the Updates Tab in the App Store.

We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Contact Omni in the gear menu (found in the document browser), sending email to omnioutliner-ipad@omnigroup.com, tweeting to @OmniOutliner, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.

Last edited by DerekM; 2012-07-18 at 11:45 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post

Features
  • New application icon!
Come on guys, you've got to have predicted this response .... where is the icloud sync? I appreciate this is a maintenance release but still, the scope of it is so minor that surely it could have held off these until OO4? Makes me think that must still be a fair way off then. Just some sort of timeframe would be helpful. Stop trying to distract us with "look, a shiny new icon" banter! ;-)

Come on, there's not going to be a new major release without a beta test cycle! They run several months, so I feel comfortable saying that in the best possible case OO4 happens in the second half of this year.

Why should they hold back what are probably easy bug fixes from paying customers in favor of working on something with no promised release date?

My first reaction upon seeing the announcement was that someone would promptly complain that it didn't provide iCloud support, cloning, zooming, etc. but I couldn't find anyone to take the other side of the bet :-)

Yeah, I was being a bit facetious there. Although I didn't realise OO4 was that far away to be honest. I thought Ken was suggesting the icloud integration for OG and OO was the focus now. Derek, is there a possibility the icloud integration will come in to a 3.x release or will it be dependent on OO4?

whpalmer4, good luck on finding a taker on that bet though!

In February, Dan Southard at MacStories ran an interview with Ken Case, from which these comments are excerpted:

Don: Okay, fair enough. I also wanted to ask you about is OmniOutliner 4.0. Is that still a focus at least for the first part of this year?

Ken: Not sure if it’ll be the first part of the year or the second half of this year, but it is certainly a big focus. The way we spread our engineering team around, the tasks we work on now, it has proportionally more than any of the other apps working on it. Actually, just since Macworld, I started feeling comfortable enough using it to edit my outlines… so that is a great milestone. It does have the new sidebar — we’re getting rid of the old drawer and folding it into a sidebar. The sidebar is present right now and you can navigate with it; the reimplementation is still very much in progress and it’s not ready for beta testing even. But the main outline is working and it is a good sign.

Don: The outlining architecture was being rebuilt from the ground up, correct?

Ken: Yes, we did rebuild it from scratch and the outlining view went into OmniPlan 2 as it’s the first app that we shipped with it, so the outline view actually works now and there’s all the other features…everything else that hasn’t been updated yet to work with the new format. So OmniPlan didn’t use all the things that people using OmniOutliner care about — things like video attachments, so that’s some of the stuff we’re reimplementing now, like QuickTime or audio attachments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countdrachma View Post
Derek, is there a possibility the icloud integration will come in to a 3.x release or will it be dependent on OO4?
We plan to support syncing documents via iCloud before shipping OO4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
We plan to support syncing documents via iCloud before shipping OO4.
Thanks for the clarification Brian. That sounds encouraging.

Cheers