The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Button to Sync to iCal? [A: see thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to add a button to the toolbar to allow syncing with iCal? I notice that I have to use the menu or keystrokes if I want any changes in OF to change my iCal to-dos. If I just press the existing 'sync' button on the toolbar it syncs with my other devices but doesn't change the calendar.

Oops - sorry - just found the edit toolbar command

Last edited by DouglasChalmers; 2009-08-06 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: Found the answer - sorry!

No worries, Doug - it's a good question!

In case other folks search the forums for the same information, the solution is to do the following.
  1. With the Control key held down, click on OmniFocus' toolbar.
  2. Select "Customize Toolbar" from the menu that appears.
  3. Drag the "Sync with iCal" button onto your toolbar.
  4. Press the "Done" button.