The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"next" link via ENTER broken in localised version Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One feature I use a lot is that when you hit ENTER in OmniWeb it will look for a link on the current page labeled "next" or containing the string "next" and try to follow it. This way I can quickly browse long lists at google or other sites that come up with lists and "next" links, just by hitting ENTER.

However when I switched OS X to German the other day I found that this functionality was gone. Or could it be that in the German localisation of OW it is looking for a different string? At least when using OW on google.de it won't work. On a sidenote I also have to say that the "Vorwärts" link on google.de is a pretty poor translation ("forward" WTF?).

I think OW should also try to follow "next" links in other languages when hitting ENTER. This is another one of the things I really dearly miss when using other browsers.

Hey, I have a french localization and it's working on google (OW 5.7). Good tip, I didn't know it.