The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

[Fixed in v1.14, now available] Siri/iCloud reminder crashes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
1) Yup, started crashing this morning
2) iOS 5.1, latest OF (no updates in AppStore)
3) I have iCloud reminders turned on, and have used it once or twice.

I used the airplane mode trick someone mentioned to turn off iCloud reminders, and the crashing stopped. I've also been using OF pretty regularly since the 5.1 update, and the crashing just started this morning. I've used Siri a bunch since the iOS 5.1 update, but not to add any reminders.

1) Yes
2) 5.1 (Crashes began immediately after installing 5.1)
3) It's not a feature I use much, but I did have it enabled. Per tsanders' post, I turned off iCloud Reminders. I noticed this did not remove my AppleID & Password from the iCloud Reminders configuration and crashing persisted. Once I removed the AppleID and password, crashing stopped.

1. crashed galore.
2. I have not upgraded to 5.1 yet, I'm still on 5.0.1 with OF 1.13.3
3. I had icloud capture enabled and I used it a ton! Loved the feature, feel like I've lost a leg without it working.

I too have gone ahead and turned the icloud feature off and it looks like the crashes have stopped.

:( Please fix this! I can't believe more people don't use this feature. Who wants to type things when siri can do it for you?? :)

We did some quick diagnosis last night and found that yes, the crash was caused by some changes in iCloud which were confusing iCloud (Siri) Capture.

To work around the bug for now, you can put your iPhone 4S into Airplane Mode (so OmniFocus can't talk to iCloud and get confused), then launch OmniFocus and turn off iCloud Capture in its settings.

We also quickly submitted an update to the App Store (v1.14), which was expedited and is currently in review. I anticipate that this update will be ready soon, at which point you can update and turn iCloud Capture back on.

Thank you so much!!

Answer to the questions:

Using IOS 5.1
Was using Siri notifications

For me I deleted the app and reinstalled it using iTunes. That fixed the problem until I switched on iCloud Sync.

Will run without Siri for now. Look forward to the fix :-)

Thanks To Ken Case and Lizard for the quick response

I too was getting crashes starting yesterday, for the first time ever, that I can recall. Repeated.

iOS 5.1 and YES on iCloud reminders.

I tried mmccormick's trick of airplane mode to go offline, turning off iCloud reminders, then back online, and everything's fine for now.

Any idea when the update will hit itunes?

And, yes, I am an addict. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hey all,
Twitter suddenly lit up this afternoon with lots of people saying that OmniFocus for iPhone is crashing repeatedly.

Here's how to send crash reports to us:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=23689

To chase this down, it'd also be helpful to know who's NOT crashing. If you've used OmniFocus on your iPhone recently, it'd be helpful if you'd answer these questions:

1) Is OmniFocus for iPhone crashing?
2) Which OS are you running? (eg 5.1)
3) Do you use Siri to add actions to OmniFocus?

Thanks for your help!
1. Yes
2. iOS 5.1
3. Yes

Thanks to everyone for sending in their info. We've coded a fix and sent it to Apple; the build should be available soon. Check the first post in this thread for info on how to work around the problem in the meantimes. Apologies to everyone affected by the problem, and thanks to everyone who helped us fix it!

(Closing thread to prevent taking up more of folks time now that we have this fixed.)