The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a perspective to show stalled projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need to create a Perspective for Stalled Projects. Standard Stalled Project feature in OmniFocus assumes the project doesn't have any Next Action. But sometimes I put a project plan into a project as Next Actions with no context (see enclosed). And I want that type of projects to be seen as stalled as well.

Does somebody know how to do that?

How about a context mode perspective showing only next actions which have no context assigned? Context mode, select the "no context" container in the sidebar, action selector set to "next actions".

{edit} sorry I had duplicated WHPalmers answer as I'd left the topic up when I nipped out so I hadn't spotted his reply.

I basically said the same but also added that I have a Project Header context which I assign to project headers so they aren't included in the No Context list. This makes it easier to see the real actions without contexts.

Another approach, if you don't find it useful to have project and action group headers appearing in the context view, is to go to the preferences, Data tab, and uncheck the "In Context Mode [] Show Projects and Action Groups" box.

It does appear that either way, you'll get context-less actions from your Inbox in this view on the Mac. The iPad app doesn't show them.

Curt Clifton wrote a script years ago called "Verify Next Actions Exist" which you can find at http://www.curtclifton.net/projects. It ran through all your projects and tagged any which did not have a next action. The definition of "stalled" has changed somewhat, and I believe Curt no longer uses the script, but you might be able to modify it to find projects where the next action does not have a context assigned.