The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature Request: Gcal Integration Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by synth01 View Post
I thought OmniFocus was going to be my GTD panacea, but looks like i might need to spend countless more hours searching for another patch.
Well, perhaps I can save you some hours. Do you realize that OmniFocus doesn't send actions to iCal as events, but rather as To Do items? Given that, do you really want to spend countless hours searching for a way to get your OmniFocus actions into the calendar system?

I must say I don't understand the apparent fascination with the notion of syncing all one's OmniFocus actions into iCal. Were I to do that with my own data, I doubt iCal would run at all, and if it did, the calendar display would just be a multi-colored blob :-) It really runs counter to DA's philosophy to put everything on the calendar, though that shouldn't stop you from doing it if that is what works best for you, of course -- but maybe you should call it something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth01 View Post
I recently started syncing gcal with ical using the free webdav. ... Alas, webdav calendars from ical don't show up as syncing options in OmniFocus!
There are a couple of commercial products that will probably solve your problem. Have you tried SpanningSync or BusySync?

I didn't think that Google Calendar had todo's. What does syncing OF with it get you?