The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script: custom OmniFocus action lists on the desktop, using Geektool Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Don't have it to hand, but if memory of the underlying query serves, you should be able to sort by c.name for context titles.
This didn't work for me
Code:
in context "Phone" by c.name
But this does which is the only addition to a context filter I have been able to get to work. This is the best addition though, so I am glad I can filter out tasks that are completed. I didn't realize that was happening in the prebaked templates you made.
Code:
in context "Phone" and dateCompleted is null
Thanks again for all your work on this, it is brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet View Post
This didn't work for me
Code:
in context "Phone" by c.name
I think it would probably need to be:

Code:
in context "Phone" order by c.name

Hi, Great script, but I am not that familiar (yet) with apple script.

At the moment the only thing the script outputs is the task name is there a way to get it to output the Project that the action/task is part of?

R

It may be worth looking at some of the code in:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...12&postcount=7

and the rest of that thread.

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-07-17 at 11:37 PM..

For some reason order by dateAdded like post two shows is not working for me.

I would love to see more examples in post 2 because those were EXTREMELY helpful.

i.e. things like
-show in context by date added
-show available flagged actions (not all flagged actions like the example shows things that have been completed)
-Show available actions that start today (if that is even possible)

Code:
osascript ~/Dropbox/Reference\ Files/*My\ Scripts/Aplication\ Scripts/OmniFocus\ Scripts/GeekOFSQL.scpt 'in context "Pomodoros" order by dateAdded'
This is very cool and helpful and keeps me on track without having to keep going back to OmniFocus.

My guess would be that more than one of the underlying tables has a dateAdded field, making the query ambiguous.

Probably worth trying:

Code:
'in context "Pomodoros" order by task.dateAdded'

As in the example in Post 1:

Code:
in context "Library" order by task.name

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
My guess would be that more than one of the underlying tables has a dateAdded field, making the query ambiguous.

Probably worth trying:

Code:
'in context "Pomodoros" order by task.dateAdded'
Sadly that isn't working for me either :( Does that work on your machine? I am on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and OmniFocus/1.9.3/GM-v77.75.11

Yes, working here with the same OS and OF as yours.

Thanks Rob, ID10T error on my system.

I finally figured out that it was sorting in the correct order it just looked like it was sorting by name because my first actions were all numbers. On top of that I forgot to add DESC so I wasn't seeing the things I just added (which I was thinking I should see).

I'm sure I would have thrown in the towel if I didn't know it was working on your computer. Sometimes it is good to just take a break and come back to stuff like this another day or in my case another month ;).