The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

more frequent sync? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I go back and forth between OF on my iPod Touch and my Mac a lot. The Mac application seems to default to syncing once per hour -- is there a way to set it more frequently, like every 15 minutes? I know it can be triggered manually, but automatic/more frequent would be better for me so I'm getting the most current info on the iPod.

Not sure this really matters, but I'm syncing with a DAV server (Fastmail.fm) I have access to. It works really smoothly, and while it does have some bandwidth limitations, OF syncs are too small usually to bump up against them.

Default settings are to sync 1 minute after a change is made, and every hour thereafter. If you are making changes on the Mac, it will sync after a minute, and the only factor determining whether the iPod gets the change in a hurry will be your usage pattern on the iPod.

It is possible to change the settings with a bit of work. Ken describes how to do it for the Mac in this post: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...34&postcount=2

To change it on an iOS device, you need to click on a special link (while using the iOS device for browsing). I put a handful of different values on a page here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/971671/OmniFocusSync.html