The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniGraffle needs ability to draw arcs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(Feel free to delete this topic if it has already been discussed.)

I love OmniGraffle, but one thing I frequently need is the ability to draw an arc. As far as I can tell there is no way to do that. (Perhaps the "shape combinations" feature of OmniGraffle Professional could do it?)

An arc feature would allow the user to specify the radius and number of degrees in the arc. (You'd probably want a second related feature to draw pie segments.)

I hope arcs are added to OmniGraffle! If the feature is there, tell me where to find it!

Not sure why arcs would not be in OG by design, but take a look at http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...highlight=arcs

(Thanks for the link. That thread suggests a way to make 90 degree arcs, and a script for drawing dots along an arc -- both are work-arounds that illustrate the need for the feature.)

It looks like no Omni developers hang out in this forum -- is there some kind of feature wish list I where I can post this suggestion?

Use the Send Feedback... item under the Help menu in OmniGraffle.

It is very disappointing that arc drawing is still absent from OmniGraffle 5.0, especially when it was requested as a feature by so many people.

You can now draw bezier lines in OmniGraffle 5 which will allow you to create an arc or arcs, but it is an awfully large amount of work for something that should be a lot easier to do - especially if you need to modify the arc at a later time.