The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Delete key violates beginning of fields Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This one drives me nuts.

When deleting characters in a field, if you hit delete too many times it will back up into the previous field and delete characters in that field.

Why doesn't it stop at the beginning of the field being edited like every other application? This seems to violate every rule of intuitive UI design.

I'd say the same about outliners where you can't delete past the beginning of a row! Would you want to use a word processor where you had to do something special to delete paragraph boundaries?

Pages does it just like OmniOutliner. It is even more enthusiastic about deleting material — it selects the whole previous row so that you can delete the whole thing at once, none of this namby-pamby deleting a character at a time stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmesser View Post
This one drives me nuts.
Me too.