The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Possible fix for large/slow syncs? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am SO bummed. Not because I spend $100 for the Mac and iPhone version, but because I can't keep this working in my configuration. I assume it is working for most other people.

When I started right after the iPhone version was released everything worked fine. I could sync between my MBP at work, my MB at home and my iPhone.

Sync with the laptops started taking a long time for the last few days. Syncs with my iPhone would NEVER complete the last couple days. Even over WiFi. I am syncing with Mobile Me.

I have upgraded to the latest version on my MB and on my iPhone this morning. I read the forums and checked the size of my db. 4.5 MB.

I archived a lot of items and then ran the script and it went down to 8KB. Now the syncs on the laptop are faster, but not quick. Maybe that is MobileMe being slow. It certainly isn't the file size.

But I still couldn't get a successful sync to my iPhone with the smaller file size. I finally reset the database, and started over on the iPhone. After a VERY long (5-10 minute) sync -- for 8KB -- I got the data onto my iPhone. But haven't been able to do an iPhone sync without timing out or the software crashing back to the iPhone home screen since then.

We are talking about 8KB here.

I looked in my MobileMe directory and there are dozens and dozens of cryptic zip files there.

I went into this fully understanding this was new and a "sneaky-peak". I purposely did not set up any repeating items or anything too complex. I do have some nested groups and more than 1 folder, but if I didn't have a lot of projects at work I wouldn't need syncing software to manage my to do lists.

I have updated all the software and compressed my db as suggested, but I still can't successfully sync to my phone, even after starting from scratch on the phone. I don't see any other quick fixes here on the boards. Should I try some other software and come back in a few months when this is stable?

If you ever get this working - it seems like an amazing product.

John :(