The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Associate Cost with actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
One important feature that OmniFocus is missing is the ability to associate actions with cost. The ability to associate time (start, stop, due, estimate time, etc) is all there and great, but to me just importantly is to be able to associate items with cost.

For instance, if someone has a list of items to buy, materials to get, projects for their house, car, etc, all could have useful costs associated to them, and now more than ever considering the economy. I have several projects for the house. For instance, remodel a bathroom project would have a list of items with costs associated for each item to buy from the store, then the actual install from the contractor, etc. Furthermore, then you could organize projects based on cost, and get cost totals per group and then per project, etc to figure out what you might do first, etc.

I'm mentioning this in the forum as opposed to through email since maybe there is a way that others have come up with a way to keep costs for each item as a workaround until this kind of feature would possibly be integrated one day. I think this is the only feature that is really lacking from this software really surpassing the competition since many others don't have this option yet. I actually tried to use the estimate field and put in dollars just to keep track, but then it turns it automatically to hours and minutes, which is actually great, but not a workaround for my situation. I could keep it in the notes, but was wondering if there was anything better to use in the meantime? Keeping it in notes could just be tedious since then you would have to expand each one, etc.

I definitely believe this feature would be useful for many others besides myself.

Thanks
jd