The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Object resized after copy as PDF then paste and edit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I found this functionality quite useful, especially with many canvases.

However, when I copy as PDF then paste again, the object seems to gain few pixels both in width and height, as shown in the inspector panel.
I have an object 300x300 that became 304x304.

Then, when editing main document, if I resize the object to proper size, from 304 to 300px in my case, the object get smaller, compared to others 300px wide elements.

What am I doing wrong ?

The object is just a square with a 0,5 border.

thanks

I have the same problem - did you manage to figure out a solution?

I noticed with one of the objects that turning on/off shadows on an interior element made a difference. The shadow was nowhere near the edge (ie: it should not have been increasing the size of the object).

This is a pretty big problem as I'm trying to assemble a lot of modular objects that match in width - and the copy as pdf is changing the width on one of them, messing up all the alignments.

It turns out that if ANY shapes have a stroke, the extra space will be added. It doesn't matter if the stroke is extremely thin.

So, it's not a fix, but you can avoid the resizing issue if you only use shapes without a stroke.

-P