The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OSX Mountain Lion and OF!? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
thank you - work around has done the job.

Don't want to pay $99. Can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Don't want to pay $99. Can anyone help?
Yes, run OSX Lion, as you should, if you're no dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
Yes, run OSX Lion, as you should, if you're no dev.
@Imsboy - so you will be petitioning Ken not to release a proper fix until after Apple make a full release of Mountain Lion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwin View Post
@Imsboy - so you will be petitioning Ken not to release a proper fix until after Apple make a full release of Mountain Lion?
I think your logic has jumped the tracks here...do the people who are running ML who do have access to the dev forum (I'm not one of them, and have no dog in this hunt) not deserve a version of OmniFocus that doesn't need to be patched? Does Omni not have a vested interest in making it possible for people to use their software with ML (without violating the terms of the NDA) and report any bugs?

Even if you don't have this OmniFocus issue to worry about, running the ML beta exclusively probably isn't a great plan if you aren't a dev and don't have access to others who can help you with problems.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2012-02-19 at 01:44 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I think your logic has jumped the tracks here...do the people who are running ML who do have access to the dev forum (I'm not one of them, and have no dog in this hunt) not deserve a version of OmniFocus that doesn't need to be patched? Does Omni not have a vested interest in making it possible for people to use their software with ML (without violating the terms of the NDA) and report any bugs?

Even if you don't have this OmniFocus issue to worry about, running the ML beta exclusively probably isn't a great plan if you aren't a dev and don't have access to others who can help you with problems.
I was only pulling pig-tales! I'm sure a fix will be issued as soon as it can. In the meantime if I choose to run Mountain Lion and I don't have access to OF then thats up to me. I just object to people making assumptions about others who post here and how they express it.

From the OmniGroup response it looked as if the fix might be posted within this thread, rather than just a link to the Dev Forum. I was simply asking if the plist edit *might* be posted here. I don't need a guide in life choices or advice on running beta software.

Last edited by johnwin; 2012-02-19 at 02:17 PM..

Yes I run ML. YES Apple seeded me with it. Yes I have OF for the Mac. No, I am not a developer and no I am not so foolish to pay $99 for a patch.

Last edited by dave_m; 2012-02-19 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: personal attacks violate forum rules

Instead getting offensive, you should think about the consequences for a developer, if he/she would pull out any information, which is under NDA.

There's a reason why Apple got this NDA and there a reason, why ONLY DEVELOPER get a early release of ML.

W bth knw, tht y l, if you say there's a seed, where you could get ML-DevPrev, without Dev-Account. S pls b qt, ths frm s dfntl nt fr ths knd f dscssns.

ML Preview/Beta is ONLY for developers, who knows what they are doing in a beta. So please use a legal copy of Lion or, if you really need it, enter the Apple-Mac-Dev-Program and get the stuff you need.

OF works great with Lion and it will works great with ML after release.

And again: If you want to use ML preview, wherever you got it, then you've to live without OF until a new version of OF will fix it, because of the NDA.

A developer, who would say something under NDA would lost everything with Apple/Dev. So maybe his existence/job. No one would be stupid like this, just to help someone, who's 'seeded by Apple' *cough*

So I think everything is said now. Have a nice day.

Last edited by Brian; 2012-02-20 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Remove quoted ad hominem, another ad hominem, and a request for other visitors to exit the forum.

See post #23

Last edited by dave_m; 2012-02-19 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: personal attacks violate forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsboy View Post
Instead getting offensive, you should think about the consequences for a developer, if he/she would pull out any information, which is under NDA.

There's a reason why Apple got this NDA and there a reason, why ONLY DEVELOPER get a early release of ML.
Careful, now, we know that Apple has seeded others. John Gruber isn't getting seeded (and a personal meeting with Schiller!) because he's a developer: http://daringfireball.net/2012/02/mountain_lion and neither is David Pogue.

I don't think there is any reason to believe that Apple isn't seeding others. I do question whether Apple is seeding others and not supporting them, however. Given Apple's NDA and legal staff, Omni is right to post the workaround in a place where they can be confident that anyone with access has been approved by Apple. If Apple is seeding people and not willing to help them, that's a tough break for those folks, but Omni won't be posting anything on their forums that they think might be restricted by the NDA, I'm sure. I think they'll be wary of anyone who claims to have a seed from Apple and doesn't have something convincing as proof.