The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rescheduling uncompleted work... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So I am new to OmniPlan. I have used several tools in the past, but like the simplicity of omniplan. One critical feature I cannot figure out how to do is to reschedule the work on a task that is incomplete when there is completed % entered on the task...

Example: I have a task "Do Stuff", this task was originally scheduled for a duration of 10 days, on 5/5/08 - 5/16/08. 50% of the task is complete (5 days completed), and I want to reschedule the remaining 50% for past the current date, so ideally it would fall from 5/21 - 5/27 (5 days work left). However, when rescheduling in OmniPlan it moves the whole 10 day task.

Now it does not show work in the resource view for the completed part, it it includes it as part of the leveling so no other work is assigned for the completed part.

This causes several holes in the plan from a work perspective when updating the plan and rescheduling uncompleted work.

Any suggestions?

The ability to chop the task into chunks is one of our feature requests. It's already been discussed on the forum here: http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=7967

If you use rescheduling to move the task, OmniPlan will not count the completed portion when leveling other tasks. However, you do need to re-level the project. OmniPlan will not re-calculate leveling (and move other tasks into the same time span as the completed portion of the task) until you click the "Level" button again.

If it still doesn't behave as you expect, you may want to send us an email with a screenshot or sample file of the behavior you're seeing.
omniplan@omnigroup.com