The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Set view bar memory per project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I love the flexibility of the view bar, but I get tired of always going to it and changing settings constantly in my use of OF.

It then occurred to me, that it would be great if there were a checkbox in the project inspector that read something like:

"Remember view bar settings"

Checking it would take a snapshot of the view bar every time focus leaves that project, and restore it when focused returned (and I mean just selection focus, not OF-meaning of focus).

This would be sort of a perspectives-lite.

I might have a sequential project that is still in planning mode, so I want to see all remaining tasks. While I might have another project that I'm currently working through and and only want to see next/available. Some parallel projects I want to see next, others available.

I know that context view is where action is "supposed" to take place, but I'm betting many of you also do some acting from project view.

(and I bet others sometimes have a decent sized single action list that you, like me, would love to be able to sort actions in ;-)

I see this sort of like remembering my last printer. I feel like I'm constantly twiddling the view bar. This would be a per project setting, so I'm not suggesting any change in default behavior. There would be some minor UI decisions about multiple selections (I say honor the settings of the first project selected, don't save changes to the view bar when multiple projects are selected).

The whole view bar experience continues to be a mixed bag.

-P

I think it's an intersting idea, ptone, plus kudos to you for scripting up a solution.