The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Context location editing in OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just wondering if there are ever plans to allow the editing of location information in contexts? It would make things a lot easier for those of us who create a lot of location-aware contexts on the iPhone, I think.

Mind you, I'm asking primarily because I'm not in love with the iPhone's keyboard, and find it kludgy to do a lot of editing/input on anything that's not my desktop.

Yes! This would be good, to set locations in the desktop-version!

I think this would be a nice addition as well. Clearly some settings such as 'current location' would not be available, but it would be great to set up Google business searches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
Clearly some settings such as 'current location' would not be available, but it would be great to set up Google business searches.
Actually, rumor has it that location services are coming to the Mac in Snow Leopard (10.6). Even without GPS, we might just get some triangulation-based location awareness. :-)

-Dennis

Location based services in 10.6 could be useful for those of us with laptops. I think that it would be very keen if OF could eventually switch perspectives based on location, and show me only tasks that were appropriate to where i was working (School, Home, etc..)

I almost exclusively use location based contexts on the iPhone to narrow down my tasks to only what's relevant to where I am. Took the latest screencast to really introduce me to doing things that way, but I think it's the killer feature by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Jones View Post
I think this would be a nice addition as well. Clearly some settings such as 'current location' would not be available, but it would be great to set up Google business searches.
That's partly what I find so annoying about having to do it on the iPhone. The multi step process to enter the business search, occasionally find out that OF is pointing me halfway across the city, then re-edit the context to try and narrow things down.