The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Contexts = @ the person, or done by the person? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm finding that my people contexts have a different action meanings depending on the person.

For my boss, @Andrew usually means a task for me that I need to run by him when we are together, or something I have to do with him.

For a particular subordinate however, the context "Joel" is a list of tasks needing delegation to him (possibly at the next team briefing), or tasks that I am waiting to confirm that he has completed.

How do others handle this shift between "at someone" and "by someone"?

I could have 2-3 contexts for each person. e.g.

1. @ Joel
2. Done By Joel
3. Waiting for Joel

But this would start to give me quite a long and unwieldy context list once a number of people are added.

I suppose it is a result of using Omnifocus not only to do tasks, but to track tasks that are being done by other under my responsibility.