The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus with Evernote Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
I'm actually doing the same thing. I love Evernote and OmniFocus. They would be a great match. Especially if it could be done not only on the Mac but carried through to the iPad.
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
I'm actually doing the same thing. I love Evernote and OmniFocus. They would be a great match. Especially if it could be done not only on the Mac but carried through to the iPad.
I'd love this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthughes View Post
I'd love this too.
+1

I don't always work on Mac OS X, so I need something that runs on Linux (Evernote doesn't really, but a version on it runs just fine under Wine). Tighter integration with OF would be very, very, VERY welcome!

Please OF let's do this

I asked for this many times and I still hope Evernote and Omni team up on this. I remember having heard that one problem is that Evernote is not offering a UUID (Universally Unique Identifier). So it's not possible to reference a note on every device seamlessly.

BUT I WANT THIS DESPERATELY ;-)

Use Help → Send Feedback to submit feature suggestions to get them entered in the development database. (See this sticky thread at the top of the forum for details.) Me-too posts on a thread aren't counted.

Curt

Have you guys checked out Egretlist on the iPhone? It's a little different for setting up Tasks but it does work with Evernote. I've been playing with it for about a day. You might want to check it out if Evernote is a serious bit of your workflow.

I haven't figured out how to bind existing notes to it yet but I think it's doable via the desktop.

What about using links from evernote.com? Are those URIs stable, long-term? Might that provide a link that would work across iPad/iPhone/Mac that iOS doesn't otherwise allow (or simply isn't possible without embedding attachments into the OF file, which makes little sense)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by policarpo View Post
Have you guys checked out Egretlist on the iPhone? It's a little different for setting up Tasks but it does work with Evernote. I've been playing with it for about a day. You might want to check it out if Evernote is a serious bit of your workflow.

I haven't figured out how to bind existing notes to it yet but I think it's doable via the desktop.
Nix the whole EgretList app route...while I enjoy the UI, it's too much of a hassle if you want to move the db around as it is locked to the device you configured it on (so that means you can't migrate your stuff to a new device when you upgrade).

I ended up using the Smart Folder solution with OF and it works great...now if we could just somehow get he RTF notes from Evernote to display in OmniFocus, we'd have a solid referencing system of sorts. :)

Coming late to the Evernote game...has there been any additional progress on tighter integration with Evernote and OmniFocus? I'm just using the Leap to Clip-o-tron method to get my EN notes into OF.

Thanks,
-policarpo
GTD2CYA