The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clicking in-browser does not activate. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find that if I am in another application, and I click part of a page that is being displayed by OW, OW doesn't come to the front, I have to click the tab drawer or part of the OW toolbar. Has anyone else experienced this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlurie
I find that if I am in another application, and I click part of a page that is being displayed by OW, OW doesn't come to the front, I have to click the tab drawer or part of the OW toolbar. Has anyone else experienced this?
I have a feeling that this is a bug introduced by the latest revisions of Tiger. I find that I have this problem with many windows, not just OW. I frequently have to switch back and forth lots of times to bring the desire window to front.

P

Any hacks on your systems as I haven't had such problems?

The window comes forward for me when I click just about anywhere on it.

I've had a similar issue, but only when:
1. I'm using OW and then switch to another application
2. OW stops responding, then begins to respond again
3. I click on the icon in the dock, but usually that doesn't work
4. I use expose and that brings the windows to the front

Yesterday when that happened my entire system locked up. The clocked stopped, everything but my mouse froze. I let it sit for 15 minutes and nothing changed. I think that's the first time this system has locked up since I got it in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Any hacks on your systems as I haven't had such problems?
First this is an occasional problem for me. I am not sure what triggers it. I think it happens when I have 5 or more applications running simultaneously, which is rather often, and even then it happens rarely. I have never suffered any catastrophic consequences.

No hacks that I know of. I upgraded from Jaguar to Panther to Tiger (without ever doing a backup and install). So, I may have residual crap from this process. As far as I know, my fink distribution of pymol is also broken, though it works for everyone else.

I do use tweakfreak to do some additional adjustments to Quartz (like fade the dock icons of hidden applications), but this is not really a hack, is it?

P

Last edited by philonous; 2006-04-14 at 10:38 AM..

tweak freak = haxie