The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Completed Tasks by Date, Preferably Yesterday Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm looking for a way to view my completed tasks by day. More specifically, "Today" and "Yesterday". Messing around with the Completed perspective and sorting by completion date doesn't seem to produce the result I want.

BONUS: Even more ideally, what I would like to do is see how many actions I've completed and using AppleScript or something (is it totally clear I'm talking out of my ass? Just checking) and email a number to myself — that being the number of tasks I completed.

Why, you may ask? I find that now that I've chunked my tasks into itty-bitty-bite-size-pieces, attaching a number to them shows how "productive" my day was in a very, very non-granular way.

Context mode view, grouped by date completed, showing completed actions.

You might want to investigate RobTrew's Swiss army knife of OmniFocus searching, Where in OF, which is both a very useful tool and a supply of AppleScript constructs to rummage about in the OmniFocus database. If you need installation help, see the FAQ in the OmniFocus Extras forum.

Thanks! That worked a charm.